Sunday, January 26, 2020

2020 Reflection

Recently, I had been rolling around in my room, bored up the wazoo. I tried to pass the time by learning Korean and watch my favorite YouTubers. Everyone says that Korean is probably one of the easiest East Asian language (Japanese being the hardest). But, it is the complete opposite of me. The pronunciation gets me all mixed up and hangeul is such a struggle for me. The sound of the double consonants is tripping me up. Chinese script was a cakewalk. However, the way I speak Chinese will make native speakers want to choke me out. The only way I will survive in China is just me carrying a whiteboard and dry erase marker. Just depressing. In addition, one of my favorite J-dramas (Sunshine or おひさま)is off of Viki. J-dramas are already hard to look for in the first place. I am just fortunate that they still have A Girl's Breakfast on there. That drama is pretty much about four women (office worker, yoga instructor, bartender, and a housewife) who were friends since high school. Each episode to either focus on one of their lives and breakfast. It reminds me of the novel of the girls and the traveling pants that I read back in third grade. The girl(s) in each episode would eat and kinda review the food of an actual restaurant. It is nice seeing that honestly. It takes me back to a school day back in Japan where I came home early enough that I both come home earlier than my host sister and watch a bit on the drama that my host dad was watching. Except the food wasn't easygoing breakfast spots that would be featured in the magazine for OL but, a warm eatery that blue-collared workers went to smoke, eat and laugh with their co-workers. Things like this make me miss Japan (Nagoya especially). I will never forget the simplicities of just taking public transport, the hugs that my friend would give me the mornings at school, cicadas and, eating with my host family. Even playing Uno with my host siblings and mixing soy sauce with my host family give me internal fuzzies. I would die to go again but it is reallllll pricey. Maybe I could just survive on capsule hotels and convenience store food to save up. Then again I need to save up for university so, I doubt that I will be going this summer :/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

robby town project part 1: humble beginnings

  Back in first to second grade, I would play to toys in this make believe town called Robby Town. Robby Town kinda mimiaced the are me at t...