Sunday, March 18, 2018

Things on my mind #4: People from HS

Until yesterday, a super late revelations hit me while I was thrift shopping: I have to stop quickly assuming about things. Real original, right? However, that's a huge problem that I fail to really fix. I would assume the best of people or events then, it would be worst than I thought. When I was in sophomore year, I always thought it was so cool that my friend could instantly get with her artsy group of friends, hop on the metro and hang out at MOCA. I thought it was also puzzling on how she could get away with all things she did, like causally smoke and go to late night shows with hypnotic vocals and crowds that moved like crashing waves. All that time, I would think that her mom was some carefree hippie that also did that. My viewpoint changed for the worst late last year. I wonder if someone thought for the worst of the better. If so, I'd be interested yet, scared.
Additionally, I had this revelations since a week ago. People depend on me way too much and they're okay with it. It is sad and disappointing. It is weird that adults are absolutely okay with people depending on others when there's actually work to be done and they have to do it. But when ONE person looks at their phone, it is the most disrespectful thing on earth and it is the end of the world. Makes no sense at all to me. I already feel the depressing side effect of it: disappearing edges, deteriorating skin, and ultra-sensitivity to noise. This is one of the constant reminders that I will probably won't miss most of the people from high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

robby town project part 1: humble beginnings

  Back in first to second grade, I would play to toys in this make believe town called Robby Town. Robby Town kinda mimiaced the are me at t...