Saturday, March 24, 2018

Public school funds and things on my mind

   I don't know about schools in other countries. But, the spending in public school in the great almighty United States is absolute crap. A lot of the spending goes towards atheltics and anything besides the arts. At my school, my IB art program only has a few types of art mediums: matte acriylic, tempura paint (the type little kids paint with), colored pencils, and oil pastels. We don't even have canvas. Band is another program that is really underfunded. I mainly brought this because of what I've heard.
So, I have been placed at a table where I am surrounded by girls either in ASB or just locals (sometimes both). Only one of them really talks to me (let's call her H) and actually knows my names, the other two don't care and forget about my presence(aka J and F). Anyways, the local three were talking about the following:

  1. Rise in breakups 
  2. One of the girl's jerk of a recently ex-boyfriend
  3. Some girl they condemned just because she embraces her sexuality
  4. Girls that are stuck up
  5. ASB
Because they think I am some lousy rock on the chair across them, I was able to listen on while looking bored. I overheard something that ended kinda pissing me off. J bought up the yearly ASB retreat,which I found out on that day - Thursday, and H continues on that conversation. Then, J added that fact that the head of ASB was thinking of  flying out the entire ASB! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH AIR FARE COST FOR AROUND 15 KIDS AND ONE FREAKING ADULT?! Absolutely ridulous. Just for a reminder, I am at a public school. Where's the money coming from? What's need for it? All of they do are decorate and pick themes for school events. Nothing real important there. Additionally, they're like Julius when it comes to club money. In freshman year, when I was in the Feminist club, we planned to give snack bags, basically a decorated brown paper bag with garnola bars, PB&J sandwiches and water aka simple. We had to give one hundred snack bags, so we decided to use our sorta useless club money the food. After going back and forth with ASB and the president (who was my friend, so were most of the club counsil), we can't use the club money that was saved from the food fairs we did. Not joking, ASB only allowed us to use the money only for the two most important and serious situations: pizza parties and T-shirts. In order words, donation for a shelther = a waste of money and time but, pizza parties= make it rain like a nigerian wedding.
                                     ASB:"That's almost $2 worth of club to a women shelther"

This rant felt longer than I thought. I wanted to talk about something else but, I ramble on any longer it make people fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

robby town project part 1: humble beginnings

  Back in first to second grade, I would play to toys in this make believe town called Robby Town. Robby Town kinda mimiaced the are me at t...