Sunday, August 29, 2021

robby town project part 1: humble beginnings

 Back in first to second grade, I would play to toys in this make believe town called Robby Town. Robby Town kinda mimiaced the are me at the time. At this point of my life, I was living in two very notoriously southern states.Also, my grandparaents on both sides lived in very small towns that are around hour drive from the city. Even though I didn't live with either of them, I still enjoyed the coziness of it all. Robby Town was supposed to be the small town just like that :) That same feeling came back to me when we had to visit North Carolina again and took a detour to see Mt. Gilead. Now that the introduction is done, lets get into the nitty gritty.:D

Expansion packs

I feel theres an unwritten rule when it comes to Sims and their expansion packs, "Once you have all of them, you use to all of them.". Taking in account, I will probably do that too lol. However, Back in the Future pack will be a hard no, though. The ones that I will use a lot of are Pets, Pets, Ambitions, and Generations. Generations (aka one of the best pack) is very grounded in reality and has a heavy thing on family. Pets has a southern/appalachian aesthetic so, that's obvious. Then, I am picking Ambitions, since this little town is made up of working class folks. I don't know why but Ambitons give me that kinda vibe. Even though, I have some items from the Sims store, I am not gonna put that in a lots and sims.

The World Itself

I read somewhere (I think the sims 3 websites idk) that it is easier for a lot of computers to run smaller worlds. So I will be doing that :D. I am not making this little small town a desert (like how some worlds that I have seen). Humidity like that doesn't occur in the desert. The world would maybe look like maybeee a saturated Moonlight Falls or Twinbrooks. I am not too sure yet. Once I get to that stage, I will post reference and stuff like that! The town hub (rabbit holes, and other community lots.) will be congregation in the center. The residental lots and maybe one or two community lots/ rabbit holes are spaced out in the outskirts. It won't be easy for sims to walk to lot of community lots. All of the residential lots will have a car there. I will be making only five or four type residential lots for these locals, almost all of them being affordable. All of the expansion houses (which will be like two lol) will be taken by the Southern Belle-like families in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

robby town project part 1: humble beginnings

  Back in first to second grade, I would play to toys in this make believe town called Robby Town. Robby Town kinda mimiaced the are me at t...